Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's Beginning to Smell A Lot Like . . .

I'm not sure what to say about this deodorant packaging.

Stink!
What is the deal with boys being so smelly? Beyond the obvious such as hygiene, and the dogmatic such as "eating meat causes body odor," what is it? Hormones? And if it's hormones, is it theirs or mine that are causing the problem? The pits, the feet, the sports equipment, the shoes, the breath . . . it all smells pretty horrid.

I got so fed up today I went shopping for any and all odor-mitigating products I could find.

Huh, what do you know? I must not be the only one in this situation. There is an entire isle at my local Target devoted to Odor Elimination.

Oh yeah. Exactly what I am looking for.

Label that says now eliminates up to 2X as many odors and extra strength eliminates odors at the source? Bingo! In the cart.

Destroys odor on contact, absorbs sweat?
Oh yeah.

Penetrates deep to eliminate sports odors from shoes, apparel, and unwashable equipment?
I'll take two.

Odor neutralizing gel beads?
WTF I'll try them.

Contains odor-fighting "atomic robots" that "shoot lasers" at your "stench monsters" and replaces them with fresh, clean, masculine "scent elves."
OK WHAT? Seriously? I am not making this up, that is what it actually says on the back of the deodorant packaging, including the quotation marks.

Eliminates odors and freshens with the scent of New Zealand springs?
Why not, I love New Zealand. It does in fact smell good there.


Products I have added to my son's bathroom


I hope some of this stuff works or I'm going to have to resort to a good old fashioned clothespin.


Truly stupid packaging

No comments: