Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Lovin' Happened So Fast

Yes I'm a huge Grease fan. But that's not what this post is about.

It is almost summertime, and I have a teenager this summer. And another almost teenager. I can already tell this summer is going to be different. Way different.

HELP! I need a manual on how to parent teenage boys over the summer!!

One of my boys has a girlfriend, and it is killing me but in the interest of privacy I can't post much about it. Let's just say it is very sweet. It reminds me of my first real boyfriend, Keith, who was very sweet. Until he was a really huge jerk (are all teenage boys this way including mine?).

Different issues this summer. How much independence do boys this age want/need/deserve/handle? Do I let them go on . . . gulp . . . dates? I mean one-on-one, not group dates to movies. What do I do about the fact that they don't want to hang out with me anymore? That one hurts. How much separation needs to happen between the teen and the ten year old? Right now that 3.5 years is a huge gap.

And how am I going to feed all these growing boys 24/7 starting tomorrow?????

I'm freaking out here. Time to call on some friends who have been through this recently for some advice.

No comments: