Friday, March 5, 2010

Goodbye to Show Business (For A Month or Two)


The show is over.

It took a few days for me to recover. It took my son no time at all. He is thinking ahead to the next show. But first, he must don his cleats and his cup and head out to a few Little League games. Yes, that's right, he chose to play baseball and then try out for the next show which will be staged in the summer.

We are putting away the makeup box and getting out the eye black, trading in the glittery costume for grass-stained knees, and putting the jazz shoes away and lacing up the cleats.

I have to admit that I really enjoyed my stint as stage mom and will miss it. But I've also honed a keen appreciation for Little League over the last several years so I'm happy to hang out on the metal bleachers and breathe in dust for a while.

A few photos from the meet and greet after the last performance.


No comments: