Friday, February 5, 2010

Finding Passion

No this is not a Valentine's Day post.

We have no awareness of the upcoming holiday in our house and that is just fine with me because I know it won't always be that way. No Valentine's Day passion this year. We have another kind of passion around here.

Passion for baseball. Or is it obsession for baseball? I'm not sure what the difference is.

A few years ago my father-in-law sent me a newspaper clipping of the cartoon below from his local paper. I have saved it because it is actually my son pictured in this cartoon.

Yes, my eleven-year-old son, soon to be twelve, has been sleeping with his baseball glove. It also comes to the dinner table with him. It sits next to him as he does homework. Yesterday I even saw him GIVE IT A KISS. I'm not kidding.

No comments: