Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break Fun

I've tried something new: a podcast of this entry. Click on the title to hear it. Let me know what you think.

Spring break staycation! Hooray!

Just got an email from a friend who met up with my neighbor. A nice picture of them having a fun dinner together in Hawaii.

What are we doing? Well, let's see. My oldest was up all night, sick, coming in to me to let me know his stomach hurt every hour on the hour and reporting when he threw up. The other two are playing soccer in the house with a large bag of foam peanuts. The bag broke, the soccer game continued until every single foam peanut escaped the bag and floated over the entire house. Let's see how fun it is to have the dog run down the hallway, see how the peanuts spread around even more! See how the dog slips and slides!

And my mantras this week (it's only the second day of break): "Get out of the dog's kennel!" "Get your hands out of your pants!"


I sent a copy of this picture to a few friends, including the one who is in Hawaii. In response she called to tell me the beach is great and she has met Joe Montana and some famous baseball player and that she's eating so much wonderful food that it's almost tragic. I know, she's heartless. Another friend I sent it to called me, correctly guessed that my youngest was involved, and offered to whisk him off to play miniature golf with her kids. I did not hesitate to accept. I also sent this picture to my husband, who is too afraid to call me. I don't blame him.

The days (all two of them) have been punctuated by bouts of media exposure, more than I would normally like, but the relative calm while they play Spore is just too nice to deny myself.

I think the thing I miss most about the flush days of the old economy is going on vacation. I suppose I will enjoy and appreciate my next vacation all that much more. And so will my kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR HAPPY BLOGGER. MY CALL WAS SYMPATHETIC, NOT A GLOATING ONE. LOL. BUT THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR PAIN.I LOVE YOU. NEXT VACATION U ARE COMING WITH US. OK CHEESE WHIZ AND PUBLIC RESTROOMS ARE NOT HAWAII BUT WE CAN PRETEND WHILE DIPPING OUR TOES IN THE POND ERR POOL AT THE MOTEL 6. HUGS. T.

Plain Jane said...

ohh...let's see. what can I say...oh I know, Spring Break is OVER!