Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tough Question 5

"Mom, do cigarette boats take diesel gas or regular plain gas?"

Why my eight year old would think I have the answer to this question is beyond me.

The fact that he thinks I could have the answer to this question is pretty cool.

I was curious to know why these boats are called cigarette boats. They don't much look like a cigarette. A quick check on Wikipedia and I discovered these boats were used at first to smuggle cigarettes into Canada and therefore derived their nick name as the "cigarette boat." Wikipedia also states that apart from the racing market, most buyers of these boats purchase them for the mystique; the combination of the racing and smuggling connections, plus the immense power, high top speeds, and sleek shape make these boats popular. My son likes them because they look cool and the name cigarette boat makes them seem just a little bit bad.

Want to know what a cigarette boat looks like? Want to impress your eight year old son with how cool you are? Show him this.



I still don't know what kind of fuel these boats use.

No comments: