Sunday, July 20, 2008

Washington DC to Chestertown Maryland

Sitting near the harbor in Annapolis

Fish and Chips at Pusser's in Annapolis

A yacht with a great name in the Annapolis harbor

Thank god for the human GPS qualities of my oldest son, and the actual GPS that we rented with our car. We only took two wrong turns (or missed freeway connections) getting out of DC. We stopped in Annapolis for lunch at a fun restaurant right on the harbor. We crossed the Chesapeake Bay bridge (not the longest one, but still plenty long). We watched the country side turn into rolling green agricultural land with beautiful stately houses.

We found our hotel and then had to go out and purchase the items we could not bring with us: comforter, lamp, etc. I was looking for a Target, which is where I would have gone at home, but instead found Rose's, an incredibly inexpensive place where I bought everything we needed for $47. It would have cost at least $150 at home.

Then, on a recommendation from the woman at the front desk, we drove to Rock Hall, a small town nearby with a restaurant on the water called Waterman's. It was super fun, sitting outside, listening to a great live band, watching people dance and eat mounds of crab. My son had ribs and I had the local fresh flounder, all excellent food. We will certainly go back there sometime.

Well, now it is time to go and register for camp. When I say goodbye to my son I will be driving back to DC (without my human GPS!) to head home. It is both exciting and sad at the same time.

Getting into the crabby spirit in Maryland

No comments: