Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sports . . . Illustrated





I'm thinking about taking a class in sports photography since I feel like I'm going to be doing it for the rest of my life. No soft-focus shots of little girls with flowing hair holding flowers in the dappled sunlight for me. I want grit determination on a contorted face, the ball frozen in space, image stabilizing with a macro lens, where you can almost smell the sweat.

I wonder, do I need to really understand the game to take killer pictures??

I shocked myself by picking up a Sports Illustrated in the doctor's office waiting room the other day, and studying the photos in it. Shocking because there was a People Magazine right next to it that I didn't pick up. I picked up the Sports Illustrated. I just don't know what's wrong with me.

No comments: