Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tree House Sleepover

We hosted a big party this weekend and had to get rid or our kids. Our very dear friends, Emily and Jon, offered to take them for a sleepover. There were five boys in all, her eight and four year olds and mine. Emily, you might say, is a generous and brave soul.

All my kids came home saying what a fantastic time they had. Our friends have a 6 by 6 foot surface in their treehouse (built by Jon himself) and all five kids slept there. No one was cold, reports my oldest.

Emily reports that all five were up before dawn, 4:30 am to be exact. And she managed to return my boys with a smile on her face.

Now that is true friendship. Thanks Em!

2 comments:

chigiy at Gardeners Anonymous said...

We would like to see a pic of treehouse.
We are into them you know.

Emily of the Seventies said...

I will admit, I am really a blog virgin... I think this might be my first posting ever. It's always great having your boys - they really are remarkable. And, I would have loved to take a picture of them in the treehouse, but it was so covered in blankets, ropes and "traps", that I couldn't manage. It's been a while since I've actually been up in the treehouse, but looking at our pictures from the construction... I can't understand how on earth 5 boys could have slept there!