Friday, September 21, 2007

Best Excuse & Vocabulary

My fifth grader had the best excuse for running late today.

He claimed it took him a long time to get ready this morning because he had to "forage for socks."

The use of the word forage gave me a chuckle. Forage means to search widely for food or provisions. Synonyms include: hunt, search, look, rummage around, ferret, root about/around, nose around/about, scavenge.

So laundry is not one of my strong points. I have a lot to do, I don't enjoy it, and it is one of those jobs that is never done. I am hoping that my boys are just about old enough to significantly contribute to the effort to provide clean organized clothes. Maybe if they get frustrated over having to FORAGE for socks they will take sock matching more seriously.

No comments: